Dr. Yun-tao Ma, Phd
Dr. Yun-tao Ma, PhD, educator, writer, researcher, founder of the American Dry Needling Institute, is an internationally recognized and highly respected authority in Pain Management, Sports and Trauma Rehabilitation, who has been teaching dry needling for many years in USA and all around the world. Dr. Ma’s evidence-based Integrative Dry Needling System has proven efficacy nationally and worldwide and has been presented at National and International symposiums in Washington DC, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Paris, Sao Paulo, Miami, Frankfurt, Prague, Thessaloniki, Natal, Beijing and at numerous medical schools.
- 40 years of clinical needling experience.
- 30 years of research experience. (neuroscience and pain management ) Including research at the National Institute of Health (NIH).
- Publications in Journal of Neuroscience (1998), Brain Research ( 2000), and Max Plank Institute (2005).
- Dr Ma’s textbooks were published by Elsevier, USA 2005 and 2010; in Germany 2007; in China 2000, 2007; in Brazil, 2007.
- Former instructor / researcher in the Postgraduate physical therapy program at the University of Iowa and in the Department of Experimental Therapeutics at University of Maryland, Medical School.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Nantong Medical School, China.
- Visiting Professor, Medical Faculty, Paris IX (Orsay) University, France.
- Dr. Ma’s textbook on Dry Needling for sports was published in 2010 by Elsevier.
- Dr. Ma’s new textbook will be published in 2016.
- Dr. Ma presently conducts Dry Needling courses in the USA and worldwide.