Billing codes

    • February 1, 2019 at 1:32 pm #21020

      Hi, I am currently a PT practicing in the state of Ohio, at a clinic that currently does not have dry Needling. My manager/boss wanted to get some info on how to bill for services. I have heard and billed for Dry Needling in the past both under Manual Therapy( 97140) and 97999. I have never used a cash based system.
      Is there any consensus on what is best to use.
      Thanks for you help!- Valerie

    • March 14, 2019 at 5:34 pm #22611

      I do not think there is a consensus. I know therapists are billing under manual, but I do not believe that is supported by the APTA. I use a cash basis for the interval I use needles and bill insurance for the portion I do not use needles. If a pt. comes specifically for needling it is a cash basis.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.