IDN Neuro-Release Treatment: Using the 720 Integrative Approach – Cleveland (Solon), OH
The Neuro-Release Treatment: Using the 720 Integrative Approach is a lab-based (2-day) training course that utilizes the IDN conceptual model of local, segmental, and systemic treatment approach. This course is designed to provide participants with a deeper understanding of how to improve movement and human performance through various manual therapy tools. The therapeutic effects of Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage (IASTM), Percussion /Vibration Massage, and Cupping on musculoskeletal, neuropathic, and radiculopathic pain syndromes will be discussed and practiced. Discussions on the negative effects that peripheral nerve inflammation has on muscle function and how IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping can assist in maximizing human (athletic) performance is explained. NRT is taught with a patient centered manual therapy approach that encompasses the emotional, physical, and neurologic aspects of treating pain and movement dysfunction.
**This course is appropriate for all clinicians that use manual therapy, and because no dry needling is performed, it is open to PTA’s, OTA’s, LMT’s. There are no prerequisites required to attended this course.
The Neuro-Release Treatment: 720 Integrative Approach Covers :
- Integration of IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping into physical and manual therapy treatment.
- Advanced manual therapy techniques for optimizing human performance
- Clinical safety issues for administering IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping.
- Understanding of the anatomy and physiology of soft tissue healing timeframe and manual therapy technique for tissue remodeling.
- Clinical techniques for examination and management of peripheral nerve inflammation and neuromuscular dysfunction.
- Assessment of biomechanical imbalance of musculoskeletal system and manual therapy techniques for rebalancing biomechanics.
- Pre and post-symptom treatment in athletic performance.
- How peripheral nervous system inflammation influences musculoskeletal dysfunction and how to manage it with Manual Therapy
- Review of evidence-based research data.
At the end of this course that participant will be able to:
- Independently integrate IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping into a treatment plan for a patient with a given neuromuscular condition based on three physiological mechanisms.
- Independently evaluate peripheral nerve (soft tissue) dysfunctions relating to a patient with a given musculoskeletal condition and pain.
- Develop a strategy for the prevention and management of adverse responses to IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping for a patient with acute, sub-acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Independently choose the correct neuro-trigger point treatment sites for safe application of cupping and IASTM for patients with acute, sub-acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Independently identify a minimum of three peripheral neuro-trigger points for a given case study.
- Correctly defend the 720o Integrative approach for treatment of musculoskeletal pain based on the unique neurology and physiology of neuro-trigger points.
- By the end of the course, the participant will be able to correctly integrate the clinical, legislative, policy/procedure, and billing requirements for IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping for treating patients with musculoskeletal pain in a physical therapy practice.
The structure of this course is a 16.25-hour intensive practical classroom program that addresses theory and key principles with extensive supervised participant practice.
- Multiple Keynote presentations with video support will begin each new section.
- Instructor demonstration of the techniques allowing ample time for questions.
- Interactive lab session will follow where the participants practice and discuss each new technique and concept.
- After each interactive lab section is concluded there is an instructor summary and time for any additional questions.
|8:00 – 9:00||Introduction of concept. Physiological mechanisms of neurologic manual
therapy associated with peripheral sensitization. History and mechanisms
of techniques. (lecture)
|9:15-10:00||Safety Lecture: OSHA guidelines, Precautions/contraindications, Adverse Reactions.|
|10:00-11:00||Lab: Safe cupping, IASMT, and Percussion Device use. Features of Devices,
handling techniques, applications to different tissue types and areas. Safe
Cleaning and Procedures.
|11:00- 12:00||Lecture 2: Identifying dynamic neural trigger points and developing a local,
segmental and systemic approach to treating pain. Introduction to
homeostatic, paravertebral, and symptomatic points.
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:30||Major neuromuscular points and treatment of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. (lab)|
|2:30 – 2:45||Break|
|2:45 – 4:00||Posterior Chain Distribution. Glutes, Sciatic Nerve: Into the lower leg and
|4:00 – 5:00||Quantitative Sensory Testing Lecture and Lab.|
|8:00-8:45||Clinical Applications. Applying the NRT model to sport and athletics,
considering local and systemic treatments, review of literature. (lecture).
|9:00-10:30||Cranial Nerves, Anterior Neck, Brachial plexus, specialty axilla
subscapularis, serratus anterior, teres major/minor, latissimus dorsi.
|10:30-12:00||Major neuromuscular points of the upper limbs (Median, Ulnar, Radial,
Musculocutaneous nerves.) (lab)
|1:00-2:15||Anterior Body: Pectorals, Abdomen, Femoral Nerve Distribution.|
|2:15-3:15||Segmental and Systemic Case Application. Lymphatic and neural tension
treatment examples. (lab)
|3:30-4:00||Administrative considerations, implementation with other treatments,
|4:00 – 5:00||Interactive Multiple-Choice Test and Review.|
[tabby title=”Course Information”]
*If you are registered for this course please login to your IDN account to view information specific to this course. Information will be available on your account dashboard 1 month prior to the start of the course.
Airport : Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
Hotel Options :
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Cleveland/Solon – A block of rooms has been reserved at a discounted rate at this hotel where the course is being held.
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Cleveland/Solon
6040 Enterprise Pkwy
Solon, OH 44139
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
6085 Enterprise Pkwy
Solon, OH 44139
Reviews & Testimonials