IDN Neuro-Release Technique: Using the 720 Integrative Approach – Cincinnati, OH
The Neuro-Release Treatment: Using the 720 Integrative Approach is an educational training course designed to provide our students with a deeper understanding of how to improve movement and human performance through manual therapy targeting the neuro-inflammatory system with the use of a local, segmental, and systemic treatment approach. We will explore the therapeutic effects of Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage (IASTM), Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping on musculoskeletal, neuropathic, and radiculopathic pain syndromes. We will discuss the negative effects that peripheral nerve inflammation has on muscle function and how IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping can assist in maximizing human (athletic) performance. The examination and management of peripheral nerve inflammation/sensitization, neuromuscular dysfunction and biomechanical imbalance of the musculoskeletal system will be presented. Integration of Manual Therapy and other treatment options will be included that will complement the efficacy of treatment. A considerable amount of lab time is focused on assuring safe and effective advanced manual therapy skills with an emphasis on clinical decision-making.
The Neuro-Release Technique: 720 Integrative Approach Covers :
- Integration of IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping into physical and manual therapy treatment.
- Advanced manual therapy techniques for optimizing human performance
- Clinical safety issues for administering IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping.
- Understanding of the anatomy and physiology of soft tissue healing timeframe and manual therapy technique for tissue remodeling.
- Clinical techniques for examination and management of peripheral nerve inflammation and neuromuscular dysfunction.
- Assessment of biomechanical imbalance of musculoskeletal system and manual therapy techniques for rebalancing biomechanics.
- Pre and post-symptom treatment in athletic performance.
- How peripheral nervous system inflammation influences musculoskeletal dysfunction and how to manage it with Manual Therapy
- Review of evidence-based research data.
At the end of this course that participant will be able to:
- Independently integrate IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping into a treatment plan for a patient with a given neuromuscular condition based on three physiological mechanisms.
- Independently evaluate peripheral nerve (soft tissue) dysfunctions relating to a patient with a given musculoskeletal condition and pain.
- Develop a strategy for the prevention and management of adverse responses to IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping for a patient with acute, sub-acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Independently choose the correct neuro-trigger point treatment sites for safe application of cupping and IASTM for patients with acute, sub-acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Independently identify a minimum of three peripheral neuro-trigger points for a given case study.
- Correctly defend the 720o Integrative approach for treatment of musculoskeletal pain based on the unique neurology and physiology of neuro-trigger points.
- By the end of the course, the participant will be able to correctly integrate the clinical, legislative, policy/procedure, and billing requirements for IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping for treating patients with musculoskeletal pain in a physical therapy practice.
The structure of this course is a 16.25-hour intensive practical classroom program that addresses theory and key principles with extensive supervised participant practice.
- Multiple Keynote presentations with video support will begin each new section.
- Instructor demonstration of the techniques allowing ample time for questions.
- Interactive lab session will follow where the participants practice and discuss each new technique and concept.
- After each interactive lab section is concluded there is an instructor summary and time for any additional questions.
|8:00 – 9:00||Introduction of concept. Physiological mechanisms of neurologic manual
therapy associated with peripheral sensitization. History and mechanisms
of techniques. (lecture)
|9:15-10:00||Safety Lecture: OSHA guidelines, Precautions/contraindications, Adverse Reactions.|
|10:00-11:00||Lab: Safe cupping, IASMT, and Percussion Device use. Features of Devices,
handling techniques, applications to different tissue types and areas. Safe
Cleaning and Procedures.
|11:00- 12:00||Lecture 2: Identifying dynamic neural trigger points and developing a local,
segmental and systemic approach to treating pain. Introduction to
homeostatic, paravertebral, and symptomatic points.
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:30||Major neuromuscular points and treatment of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. (lab)|
|2:30 – 2:45||Break|
|2:45 – 4:00||Posterior Chain Distribution. Glutes, Sciatic Nerve: Into the lower leg and
|4:00 – 5:00||Quantitative Sensory Testing Lecture and Lab.|
|8:00-8:45||Clinical Applications. Applying the NRT model to sport and athletics,
considering local and systemic treatments, review of literature. (lecture).
|9:00-10:30||Cranial Nerves, Anterior Neck, Brachial plexus, specialty axilla
subscapularis, serratus anterior, teres major/minor, latissimus dorsi.
|10:30-12:00||Major neuromuscular points of the upper limbs (Median, Ulnar, Radial,
Musculocutaneous nerves.) (lab)
|1:00-2:15||Anterior Body: Pectorals, Abdomen, Femoral Nerve Distribution.|
|2:15-3:15||Segmental and Systemic Case Application. Lymphatic and neural tension
treatment examples. (lab)
|3:30-4:00||Administrative considerations, implementation with other treatments,
|4:00 – 5:00||Interactive Multiple-Choice Test and Review.|
[tabby title=”Travel & Accommodations”]
Airport : Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport – CVG
Hotel Options : Marriott – Courtyard Cincinnati Midtown/Rookwood – To receive the discounted room rate, ask for the Mayfield Rate. Hotel is right next to the course venue.
Miscellaneous : Onsite parking in garage behind the building.
Reviews & Testimonials