IDN Neuro-Release Technique: Using the 720 Integrative Approach – Cleveland (Solon), OH
IDN Neuro-Release Technique: Using the 720 Integrative Approach – Cleveland (Solon), OHAugust 1, 2020 - August 2, 2020
The Neuro-Release Technique: 720 Integrative Approach – will teach you the skills and techniques to get your patients out of pain faster, improve functional outcomes, and drive word of mouth referrals into your clinic. Learn the most complete system for treating soft tissue pain and dysfunction with our NeuroRelease Treatment Model. The purpose of the NeuroRelease Treatment Course is to teach you how to use the peripheral nervous system, central pain processing, and sensory stimulation to effectively manage both acute and chronic pain conditions. Our 720o Integrative method uses a research-based approach to treat the peripheral nervous system with the use of cupping and instrument-assisted massage techniques to manage different pain pathologies. We will help you develop a simple and effective approach that expands on your current clinical skills to provide an even greater level of patient satisfaction. Learn how to help that patient that “just doesn’t get better” and join us for a weekend of fun, interactive learning, and discussion.
At the conclusion of the course participants are required to pass, at 80% or better a practical examination based on a clinical case study demonstrating clinical reasoning and decision-making related to the NRT course concepts.
The Neuro-Release Treatment: Using the 720 Integrative Approach is an educational training course designed to provide our students with a deeper understanding of how to improve movement and human performance through manual therapy targeting the neuro-inflammatory system with the use of a local, segmental, and systemic treatment approach. We will explore the therapeutic effects of Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Massage (IASTM), Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping on musculoskeletal, neuropathic, and radiculopathic pain syndromes. We will discuss the negative effects that peripheral nerve inflammation has on muscle function and how IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping can assist in maximizing human (athletic) performance. The examination and management of peripheral nerve inflammation/sensitization, neuromuscular dysfunction and biomechanical imbalance of the musculoskeletal system will be presented. Integration of Manual Therapy and other treatment options will be included that will complement the efficacy of treatment. A considerable amount of lab time is focused on assuring safe and effective advanced manual therapy skills with an emphasis on clinical decision-making.
The Neuro-Release Technique: 720 Integrative Approach Covers :
- Integration of IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping into physical and manual therapy treatment.
- Advanced manual therapy techniques for optimizing human performance
- Clinical safety issues for administering IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping.
- Understanding of the anatomy and physiology of soft tissue healing timeframe and manual therapy technique for tissue remodeling.
- Clinical techniques for examination and management of peripheral nerve inflammation and neuromuscular dysfunction.
- Assessment of biomechanical imbalance of musculoskeletal system and manual therapy techniques for rebalancing biomechanics.
- Pre and post-symptom treatment in athletic performance.
- How peripheral nervous system inflammation influences musculoskeletal dysfunction and how to manage it with Manual Therapy
- Review of evidence-based research data.
At the end of this course that participant will be able to:
- Independently integrate IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping into a treatment plan for a patient with a given neuromuscular condition based on three physiological mechanisms.
- Independently evaluate peripheral nerve (soft tissue) dysfunctions relating to a patient with a given musculoskeletal condition and pain.
- Develop a strategy for the prevention and management of adverse responses to IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping for a patient with acute, sub-acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Independently choose the correct neuro-trigger point treatment sites for safe application of cupping and IASTM for patients with acute, sub-acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Independently identify a minimum of three peripheral neuro-trigger points for a given case study.
- Correctly defend the 720o Integrative approach for treatment of musculoskeletal pain based on the unique neurology and physiology of neuro-trigger points.
- By the end of the course, the participant will be able to correctly integrate the clinical, legislative, policy/procedure, and billing requirements for IASTM, Percussion/Vibration Massage, and Cupping for treating patients with musculoskeletal pain in a physical therapy practice.
The structure of this course is a 16.25-hour intensive practical classroom program that addresses theory and key principles with extensive supervised participant practice.
- Multiple Keynote presentations with video support will begin each new section.
- Instructor demonstration of the techniques allowing ample time for questions.
- Interactive lab session will follow where the participants practice and discuss each new technique and concept.
- After each interactive lab section is concluded there is an instructor summary and time for any additional questions.
|8:00 – 9:00||Introduction of concept. Physiological mechanisms of neurologic manual
therapy associated with peripheral sensitization. History and mechanisms
of techniques. (lecture)
|9:15-10:00||Safety Lecture: OSHA guidelines, Precautions/contraindications, Adverse Reactions.|
|10:00-11:00||Lab: Safe cupping, IASMT, and Percussion Device use. Features of Devices,
handling techniques, applications to different tissue types and areas. Safe
Cleaning and Procedures.
|11:00- 12:00||Lecture 2: Identifying dynamic neural trigger points and developing a local,
segmental and systemic approach to treating pain. Introduction to
homeostatic, paravertebral, and symptomatic points.
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:30||Major neuromuscular points and treatment of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. (lab)|
|2:30 – 2:45||Break|
|2:45 – 4:00||Posterior Chain Distribution. Glutes, Sciatic Nerve: Into the lower leg and
|4:00 – 5:00||Quantitative Sensory Testing Lecture and Lab.|
|8:00-8:45||Clinical Applications. Applying the NRT model to sport and athletics,
considering local and systemic treatments, review of literature. (lecture).
|9:00-10:30||Cranial Nerves, Anterior Neck, Brachial plexus, specialty axilla
subscapularis, serratus anterior, teres major/minor, latissimus dorsi.
|10:30-12:00||Major neuromuscular points of the upper limbs (Median, Ulnar, Radial,
Musculocutaneous nerves.) (lab)
|1:00-2:15||Anterior Body: Pectorals, Abdomen, Femoral Nerve Distribution.|
|2:15-3:15||Segmental and Systemic Case Application. Lymphatic and neural tension
treatment examples. (lab)
|3:30-4:00||Administrative considerations, implementation with other treatments,
|4:00 – 5:00||Interactive Multiple-Choice Test and Review.|
Travel & Accommodations
Airport : Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
Hotel Options : Coming Soon
Location : The course will be held at Signature of Solon. After pulling into Signature of Solon, drive straight through the first intersection and follow the drive to the parking lot in the front of the building. (you do not have to drive through the gate)
Signature of Solon
39000 Signature Drive
Solon, OH 44139
Reviews & Testimonials
- This event has passed.