Dr. Miller is faculty for Logan University as an Advanced Practice Clinician, where he serves as the full-time onsite chiropractic physician for the University of Memphis sports teams. This partnership began in August 2018 to provide high-quality evidence-based musculoskeletal care for the University of Memphis athletic teams. He also manages and implements training for Logan University chiropractic sports medicine residency program, as well as serving as a clinical rotation site for chiropractic interns.
Currently, he also sees patients in a private practice, Natural Potential Chiropractic in Collierville, TN.
Dr. Miller attended undergrad at the University of Tennessee at Martin graduating in 2007 with a BS in Health & Human Performance with a concentration in Exercise Science. He attended Logan University (St. Louis) where graduated in 2009 with a BS in Life Sciences and 2011 with a MS in Sports Science & Rehabilitation and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree. He became a Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician in 2013 from the American Board of Chiropractic Sports Physicians.
During his time in East Tennessee, he owned Active Family & Sports Chiropractic and co-owned Knoxville Health & Performance. Dr. Miller served as the chiropractic team physician for Roane State Community College for 7 years, overseeing and managing injuries needing conservative non-invasive treatment. He also served as adjunct faculty where he taught courses in “Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries”, “Principles of Nutrition”, “Lifetime Wellness”, “CPR, AED and First Aid”, “Personal Training”, and “Anatomy & Physiology.”
Dr. Miller is an avid practitioner of martial arts. He has 20+ years of experience both practicing and teaching martial arts. He taught TaeKwonDo, Judo, Hapkido and practiced other styles including Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Mauy Thai Kickboxing, and Filipino Martial Arts.
Dr. Miller's clinical training included: the St. Louis VA Medical Centers (Spinal Cord Injury Unit, Chiropractic Department and the Interdisciplinary Pain Management Department). He also participated in OR and clinical rotations through departments of neurology, orthopedics, general surgery, radiology, vascular surgery, interventional radiology, and interventional pain management. He completed internships at Montgomery Health Center, Biofreeze Sports & Rehab Center (Rotations including University of Missouri, Lindenwood University, Missouri Baptist University, St. Louis Youth Soccer Association, and St. Louis high schools), STAR Physical Therapy, and Roane State Community College Athletics Department.
He has attended extensive post-doctorate training in: sports medicine, geriatrics, multidisciplinary integrative care, dry needling/acupuncture and nutrition.
“Having practiced in hospital settings, private practice, and as part of a full-time sports medicine staff I have learned the value of integrative multidisciplinary care and the role chiropractic physicians play as a vital member of the medical team.” states Dr. Miller.
- DC - Doctor of Chiropractic 2011 – Logan College of Chiropractic
- MS - Sports Science & Rehabilitation 2011 – Logan University
- BS – Life Sciences 2009 – Logan University
- BS – Health & Human Performance, Exercise Science – University of Tennessee at Martin
- Certified Medical Examiner (CME) - US Department of Transportation - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) - American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- International Certificate in Sports Chiropractic (ICSC) - Fédération Internationale de Chiropratique du Sport
- Board Certified Chiropractic Physician parts I - IV – National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Board Certified in Physiotherapy – National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Certified in Post-Surgical Spine Rehabilitation - Laser Spine Institute
- Integrative Dry Needling - Pain Management & Sports Rehabilitation
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner
- FAKTR Certified (Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab)
- Graston Technique (Module 1)
- McKenzie MDT - Lumbar